Discover Scuba Diving
Must be at least 10 years old.
Have you always wondered what it’s like to breathe underwater? If you want to try scuba diving, but aren’t quite ready to take the plunge into a certification course, Discover Scuba Diving is for you. PADI dive shops offer this program either in a pool, off a beach or from a dive boat. You can try scuba close to home or while you’re on vacation at a dive destination. While not a scuba certification course, Discover Scuba Diving is a quick and easy introduction to what it takes to explore the underwater world. To sign up for a PADI Discover Scuba Diving experience, you must be at least 10 years old. No prior experience with scuba diving is necessary, but you need to be in reasonable physical health. Are you ready to try it out? Use the event locator to find and schedule a Discover Scuba Diving experience near you.
You learn the basic safety guidelines and skills needed to dive under the direct supervision of a PADI Professional. If you make an open water dive, you’ll practice a few more skills in shallow water to prepare for your adventure. Get ready to:
• Go over the scuba equipment you use to dive and how easy it is to move around underwater with your gear.
• Find out what it’s like to breathe underwater.
• Learn key skills that you’ll use during every scuba dive.
• Have fun swimming around and exploring.
• Hear about becoming a certified diver through the PADI Open Water Diver course.
• Be able to swim comfortably.
• Be a minimum of 10 years old
This introduction is designed to exhibit the technology and ease of Open Circuit diving, in a pool or in confined water environment with pool like conditions.
Your introduction will be in a low-stress environment. After determining you have basic swimming skills, your instructor will demonstrate the required skills for you to swim underwater, whilst breathing on open circuit scuba.